About the Doctor
Dr. Phillip H. Miller
Dr. Phillip H. Miller graduated from the Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry in 1973. He was in the first class that was accepted to the dental school. In 1975, Dr. Miller completed his residency in Pediatric Dentistry at James Whitcomb Riley Children’s Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana. Riley Hospital is the largest children’s hospital in the world. Dr. Miller’s training consisted of all phases of dental care for the infant, child, teenager and handicapped. A strong emphasis was placed on early, interceptive and full orthodontic treatment.
On July 8th, 1975, Dr. Miller opened his practice in Augusta, Georgia on Central Avenue. In April 1979, Dr. Miller moved to the present location on Kings Chapel Road. The office was constructed and designed to provide both efficient dental care and a comfortable, relaxing environment for the parents. With the efforts of Dr. Miller’s wife, Laura, and his helpful staff there is an on going commitment to make you and your child’s dental experience the best it can be.
Dr. Miller attends an average of 100 hours per year of continuing education, in addition to reading extensively to keep abreast of the current dental literature.
Dr. Miller is currently a member of the following organizations:
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) - Georgia State Chapter
- American Dental Association
- Georgia Dental Association
- Eastern District Dental Society
- Augusta Dental Society
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry - President 2006-2007 (Past Member of the Board of Directors)
- Georgia Academy of Pediatric Dentistry - Past President for 7 years